Legionella pneumophila is the pneumonia caused by Legionella bacteria. People can be infected by inhaling water droplets from a contaminated water source such as air-conditioning systems, hot and cold-water systems and spa pools.
How is Legionella tested for?
The assessor will carry out a risk assessment which involves:
- Measuring the temperatures across the domestic systems such as showers and water tanks
- Assessment of the cold-water storage tanks and the condition, and components including lagging and pipe work
- Checking the temperature of calorifiers
- Inspecting cooling systems to include air intake location and location of windows
- An asset list created for the property inspected
- Devising an action plan to consider any remedial actions to be taken
Do you need Legionella Testing of your water system? Get in touch today to arrange an appointment.